The Sapphire is such a beautiful gemstone, it has so many good features, is so unique. Happy Birthday to those who celebrate their birthday this month, the Sapphire is your gem.
Throughout history you can find, in all the religions, something to do with this gem.
- In Jewish history, King Solomon and Abraham both wore talismans of Sapphire, and the Ten Commandments handed to Moses on Mount Saini was said to be engraved on tablets of Sapphire.
- The Greeks wore it for wisdom at Delphi when seeking answers from the Oracle at Apollo’s Shrine.
- Buddhists believed it brought devotion and spiritual enlightenment.
- Hindu considered Sapphire as one of the “great gems” used in offerings in the temples of worship and to align astrological influences.
- In Christianity, it was used in ecclesiastical rings and was cherished by kings and nobility for its powers of protection and insight.
Today, The Sapphire is still a gemstone of wisdom, a stone of learning, mental acuity and psychic activation, a seeker after spiritual truth. The pure blue ray brings order and healing to the mind, lending strength and focus, and an ability to see beneath surface appearances. It stimulates the Throat and Third Eye Chakras. Blue Sapphire embraces order, structure, and is ideal for accomplishing goals and manifesting ideas into form. Use Blue Sapphire to stay on your spiritual path, and for assistance in matters of self-discipline, whether routine daily tasks or actions requiring extreme focus. It can help during times of changes, to maintain a clear vision of where it is you want to go and how to get there.
The blue color is considered the Sapphire’s “true” color and the one most often recognized, though Sapphire does form in a diversity of colors. Sapphire is a variety of Corundum, an aluminum oxide mineral that forms in prismatic tabular, bipyramidal or rhombohedral crystals, as well as granular or massive habits, and maybe transparent to opaque.
It can be a great gift for couples who are moving in together or getting married
in respect to Feng Shui. It is the energy of the circle of life. Use blue crystals to enhance any space that you use for repose, calm reflection. Water energy is traditionally associated with the North area of the house or a room. It is associated with the Career and Life Path area, its flowing energy assuring a balance of energy as your life unfolds and flows.
Hope you enjoy reading, and you can add in the comments your experience with this amazing gemstone.